Go Back   Aviation Nostalgia > News & General Discussion > Millitary Aircraft

CWJs Open day 29/5/11

Old 6th May 2011, 20:29

CWJs Open day 29/5/11

Only 3 1/2 weeks to go!

I've just seen the poster on the Lightning website you linked to: http://www.lightnings.org.uk/ - as you say, apparently the Vulcan is going to be there this year, on static during the day and then departing at the end of the show - how cool is that!

A high speed taxi of the Nimrod will be an interesting sight... plus the collection of a Victor, Canberra, Lightning, Buccanneers, Hunter, Jet Provost and Iskra - is so incredible - especially to be able to see them all as live aircraft - normally you can only see them placed on display in museums. I was never lucky enough to go to Brunty for the Thunder Days, so these open days are special for me - I certainly want to make the most of it while the aircraft are all still there and taxiable - not to mention seeing the practically complete reconstruction of the LPG Quick Reaction Alert hangar nestled in the wooded area!

The poster says gates open at 9am, and it should be a good value day out for the family as accompanied under-16's gain free entry! I'm happy being able to see all the above and supporting the LPG and CWJ at the same time.

Hope to see you there!

Coastergirl and Checkflaps