View Single Post
Old 20th September 2010, 13:05

Cheers G-CPTN. I was going to add that fact to my previous post. Anyway a pretty fair price considering that CORGI do small die-cast aeroplanes for £4.99. I think I am getting hooked on collecting now (Don't tell the wife). Sometime ago my Wife and I went up to Southampton for the day We usualy go our own ways when shopping. At the "WEST QUAYS" shopping mall I came across this shop called "NAUTICA" on the lowest level. In there they have some beautiful models of Aeroplanes, Ships, Loco's, Tractors, Lorries,Cars, Busses and Coaches. The Aircraft, quite large not sure of the scale but they had a "SPITFIRE" and many more but the "SPIT'" was about £300 sad to say that my pocket money wouldn't go that. They also had a model of the OB Bedford Coach at £29.99 which I was sorely tempted but it was no bigger than the "MATCHBOX" series. So if You ever come across a "NAUTICA" shop in Your area, definitely worth a look in, You'll have to get a sub off the Wife though!. I forgot to add that the "SPITFIRE" model comes with an actual piece of crashed Spit'(Or so they say).

Last edited by old strawberry; 20th September 2010 at 13:13.