Thread: Douglas bader.
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2010, 14:35

Douglas bader.

I am to this day still confused as to the role Douglas Bader played during the Battle Of Britain. I assume We all know the story of Him through the film "Reach For The Sky" He was depicted as quite reckless, arrogant,a good leader, a brilliant pilot and an Ace basically to our eyes a hero and generally a nice Guy. But was he really like that?. Was He the major factor in the downfall or removal of Hugh Dowding and keith park? and yet listening to the Old BB Pilots still with us, those two Men were greatly reveared by Them. Another TV programme about Douglas Bader being shot down by the Germans, turned out in actual fact that He was shot down or had His tailplane removed by friendly fire. Was He trying to protect the squadrons record or was He embarrassed by the truth so kept quiet or did He simply not know who shot Him down?. I will be honest by saying that I have not read His autobiography, perhaps I should but will that answer My questions?.