View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 19:23

With the recovery of the 52nd body...51 of them recovered from the surface of the sea in the weeks following the crash...I cannot help but wonder what the families must be going through. The latest body was skeletal, still strapped into its seat after 2 years....the authorities are hoping that they can obtain enough DNA to identify the remains and return them to their family...

Tbh, I can think of nothing more horrific than finding that body and having the grim task of discovering who they were & breaking it to that person's family.....

Not sure if the searchers should look for more remains or indeed recover them, part of me is thinking that maybe it would be better to leave them where they lay, in their grave and just recover wreckage.....but the other part of me feels that the families need their loved ones home, to give them a burial with dignity, to give them finality that so far has eluded them......

It's a hard decision that thankfully I do not have to make....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-wreckage.html

~ Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy