View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:18

AF447 FDR found & on the way back to Paris

This tragedy has touched many, not just those who lost loved ones but anyone with even the remotest interest in aviation.

Whether the time underwater has done any significant damage remains to be seen, but hopefully it will reveal its secrets once and for all and bring much needed closure to the investigators, Air France and, most importantly, the families left behind...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...om-seabed.html

I flew with Air France on their AF418 service from CDG to EZE overnight on March 28/9 this year, and we passed over some hefty looking thunderstorms just north of Fortaleza. Made for some spectacular sights out of the window beside me - though unfortunately I didn't have the camera available at the time. About 10 days later I was aboard a cruise ship sailing through the area going north from Fortaleza, I frequently stood at the stern rail looking out to sea and just thinking about those who had been lost that night...

Thankfully accidents like AF447 don't happen very often, but when they do...and especially when there is so much mystery surrounding why it happened...you cannot help but think about those who didn't make it home, and those still waiting at home, waiting for word, waiting to find out 'why?'.

~ Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy