Aviation Nostalgia

Aviation Nostalgia (https://www.aviationnostalgia.com/index.php)
-   Say Hello (https://www.aviationnostalgia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just Joined (https://www.aviationnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=69)

Vegaskip 9th December 2010 10:44

Just Joined

Hi , I have just joined, and already I see a few familiar user names, I don't have that many photos, but I have quite a few Aviation paintings.
I paint Ships and Aircraft, because I enjoy it, and I am in no way a profesional Aviation Artist,(not good enough), but if people enjoy them,I don't mind sharing.
Regards Jim

hawkey01 9th December 2010 13:55

Jim,

welcome. Yes a good few of us from SN.

Hawkey01

Fazer9553 9th December 2010 16:55

When I saw 'Auchtermuchty' as the location for 'Meat Box' I was trying to identify ground features, then I noticed that the one with palm trees was also labelled Auchtermuchty so I figured that's your location, not necessarily the setting :)

I grew up in Newton, just down the road.

Cheers.

Vegaskip 9th December 2010 19:47

Auchtermuchty

When I started up loading my pics, I saw 'location', amd realised it was for photos. My paintings are all over the place and there is no way I'll remember where they are supposed to be, and as it would not let me up load unless I filled in the box ,I put 'Muchty,well thats where they were painted.
Which Newtown was it, I'm originaly from Leith, but have lived here for almost twenty years.
regards Jim

G6 UXU 9th December 2010 21:16

Hello Jim and welcome to the forum, enjoy and all the best.

Vegaskip 10th December 2010 08:26

Hi Chris, thanks for the welcome.
Regards Jim

Fazer9553 10th December 2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegaskip (Post 256)
When I started up loading my pics, I saw 'location', amd realised it was for photos. My paintings are all over the place and there is no way I'll remember where they are supposed to be, and as it would not let me up load unless I filled in the box ,I put 'Muchty,well thats where they were painted.
Which Newtown was it, I'm originaly from Leith, but have lived here for almost twenty years.
regards Jim

Newton of Falkland. Left in 1990 and via 'here and there' presently ended up in Singapore. I do return back once in a while for a refresher though.

Love the paintings :) Am no artist but can appreciate the amount of work and attention to detail.

Cheers, Andrew.

Vegaskip 10th December 2010 17:38

Thanks Andrew, Know exactly where you are, had I nice Works Christmas Meal in 'The Malt Barns' a few years back.
Spent lots of time in Singapore when in the Navy in the 60's, all changed now from what I see.
I did a presentation painting of a Spitfire with Falkland Hill in the background, I'll post it in a minute, hope you wont feel home sick
Regards Jim

Tonka71 10th December 2010 19:21

Jim your paintings are fantastic,you should be selling these they are amazing.i'd expect to pay a fortune to have one of these on my wall.

keep em comin,i love em.:):cool::):cool:

Vegaskip 11th December 2010 10:48

Hi Tonka, thanks for your comments, I do sell some , but few and far between, and I'm to long in the tooth for setting up websites and stuff, and the galleries I've hawked my stuff around arn't interested in my subjects, which is surprising as I have Leuchars 'to the left of me ' and Rosyth 'to the right of me'. There is more to come hope you enjoy

Jim